Riveted stainless plug to firewall. The prepunched location I will not be using since the firewall passthroughs flange is too wide to fit.
Painted nonskid to upper forward skin. Spot primed forward section and rudder pedal nicks. Attached eyebolts to forward rudder cable assemblies. Torqued fuel pump flex line fittings.
Finished map lights wiring installation.
Adjusted master cylinder rod end bearings to proper lenght and torqued jams nuts.
Cut brake lines to proper lenght and installed banjo fittings and clear heat shrink. The Beringer fittings are -3 so I need to order flare reducers to transition to -4’s that are used to transition to rigid lines.
Taped upper forward skin for nonskid.
Cut stainless rod to length and installed parts to rudder pedal assembly. I works great!
Installed rudder pedals and master cylinders to rudder pedal assembly.
Painted adjuster parts and cut stainless foil to shape of firewall.
Match drilled adjuster assembly to rudder slide.
Traced and cut adjuster knob handle from sheet.
Prime all parts and riveted nutplate angle to adjuster assembly. Just need to order a threaded rod and I can complete this mod!
Match drilled and riveted remaining nutplates to instrument subpanel. It took some time as space was really tight. I ended up trimming some of the fiberglass flange to get at the rivet. Wish I had some Clickbonds around to glue on.
Final drilled flap actuator clevis brackets. Riveted baggage door hinge support to firewall and baggage bulkhead. Masked forward baggage compartment for non skid.
Installed aileron trim servo connector. Installed slide tube and springs to control column and servo. Broke off a #6 screw so I spent an hour getting the shank out and tapping the nutplate threads, what fun. The springs have added quite a bit of stick force so I’m not sure if it will prove to be too much to justify once I’m flying.