Finished edge rolling, riveting, and installing rod ends on the left elevator.
Riveted trim tab hinge to elevator and riveted tab ends.
With some trepidation I started rolling the elevator leading edges. After the rudder nightmare I used that experience to my advantage and my leading edges look fabulous! Nice and smooth and no gaps!
Just need to finish riveting the leading edge of the left elevator and I am almost done!
Riveted trim tab spar to skin. Skin ended up slightly concave on the top and convex on the bottom. Looks like dimpling took a small amount of angle out of the spar. Other builders have the same issue with no negative effects so I am building on as recommended.
Made a small mistake on the elevator aft spar and need some Cherrymax blind rivets to attach the tab. Only one guy in the USA sells them in small quantities and they are not cheap.
Edger prepped and primed the trim tab and associated parts. Installed trim tab hinge and match drilled to elevator spar. The trim tab has turned out to be quite a bit of work, almost complete.
Spent 3/23 and 3/24 riveting the elevators. The right side went easy. The left side did not line up exactly after match drilling so it took a while to match drill some of the holes a second time. Some of the rivets were not exactly flush which took extra time during riveting. Trimmed both elevator counterweights per plans except I left the left weight it’s original size.
Bent the elevator trim tab end tabs. They came out great. Everything is nice and square.I then match drilled trim tab and hinge, dimpled, and edge prepped. Ready to prime.
Completed both left and right elevator under structures. A lot of rivets for such few parts!
I need a #10 dimple die to complete elevators so I decided to move on to the trim tab and completed the trailing edge bend.