Disassembled all parts, edge finished, deburred, scuffed, and dimpled skin.
Started flush riveting the left skin and completed the bottom of the forward spar.
I am starting to pick up on the metallic sound as it changes as the rivet is driven. A few thousand more and I might have it.
Space it tight especially toward the tip requiring a little patience but the riveting is going well!
Riveted the spar channels to the reinforcement brackets and riveted inboard ribs to spar.
Slow going, steep learning curve on smilies! I had to drill out multiple rivets until I was able to get my work good and secure to produce acceptable rivets.
I got a little carried away and need to remove four rivets where the bolts go to attach to the frame.
Two days work 12/15-12/16/13
More dimpling of skins, debur, and edge prep. I replaced HS-405 re-drilling it’s holes.
Managed my first figure eight in the skin so I decided to drill out and dimple for a 1/8″ rivet. It is on the underside at the right tip so it will not be noticeable.