Sanded scarf joints and final trimmed empennage fairing. Sanded canopy forward edge I think I can call it done.
Torqued rudder rod bearing jam nuts and rerouted various wires. Cut transponder coax to length, installed BNC connector, and installed transponder antenna to fuselage.
I decided to revisit my alignment. After I thought I had achieved good alignment when I went to install the rudder I had to back out the middle and top rod bearings to the point where I did not have enough thread engagement. I followed the directions exactly. The issue is that the hinges when aligned with a straight edge are off because the hinge lenght must not be exact. So now I have to redo my attach plate as I drilled my holes about an 1/8 inch off, not a task I am looking forward to. I will have to fabricate an new attach plate from sheet for it to work.
Three days work 1/25/17-1/27/17. Fabricated and installed new attach plate. It took me three attempts but the third plate worked. I ended up drilling the holes about 1/8″closer to the attach bolts, that’s all the room I had. The only other option would have been to replace the forward spar.
Bending angle to attach plate.
The shorter one on the right is the new plate.
Not much room between the rivet heads and the spar bars.
Just enough room for the nuts to clear the web edge.
Good rudder horn parallel gap and rod bearings now within 1.5 turns from spec.
Installed molex connector and installed my warranty replacement tail position light.